Sunday, July 23, 2006

Very cool book exchange

I only have a few minutes, but I have to rave about an international book exchange: BookCrossing. I for one have too many books that I love dearly, but I know I won't be rereading for a long time and they aren't appropriate to bring to school for my students. So I've been "releasing" them.

Basically, you register your book with BookCrossing (and it's free). You put release information...generally when and where you will be releasing the book. Other BookCrossing members in your area will be alerted to the title and location of the release. There is also an opportunity for non-members to find it. I have a book plate with the books registration number and a bookmark with BookCrossing instructions.

I've read about books on their website that have made it across the continental US. Some books have even become international. It's really a very cool way to get rid of books and let others have a literary treasure hunt of sorts.

1 Comments:

Blogger AmazonHil said...

Hey Al,
That sounds cool! I have tons of books I would like to get rid of. Many of them, I don't think people would want. But I'd be interested to try. OK, well, I am heading over to Amazon Strength now.

12:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home